49 years ago today, Buffalo Wings were invented!
Read the story, then SEE BELOW for 31 flavors of wings!
Here's the story
"On a Friday night in 1964, Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar at the now famous Anchor Bar Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Late that evening, a group of Dominic's friends arrived at the bar with ravenous appetites. Dominic asked his mother, Teressa, to prepare something for his friends to eat.
They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup.
Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn't take long for people to flock to the bar to experience this new taste sensation. From that evening on, Buffalo Wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar.
The phenomenon created in 1964 by Teressa Bellissimo has spread across the globe. Although many have tried to duplicate Buffalo Wings, the closely guarded secret recipe is what makes Frank & Teressa's the proclaimed "Best Wings in the World."
31 flavors of wings:
1. Baked Buffalo Wings With Blue Cheese
2. Wings With Momofuku Octo Vinaigrette
3. Asian Caramel Wings
4. Honey Sriracha Wings
5. Indian Style Wings
7. Sticky Lime And Maple Grilled Wings
8. Crispy Baked Wings
9. Sweet And Spicy Wings
10. Baked Brown Butter Wings With Roasted Red Pepper Cream
11. Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings
12. Baked Bourbon Buffalo Wings
13. Coca-Cola Wings
14. Sticky Thai Wings
15. Plum Sauce Wings
16. Bacon Cheddar Wings
17. Grilled Turmeric And Lemongrass Wings
18. Honey Mustard Wings
19. Baked Pistachio Wings
20. Chile Wings
21. Vegan Buffalo Wings
22. Bacon Bound Wings
23. Peanut Butter And Jelly Wings
24. Sake Wings
25. Honey BBQ Wings With Cool Ranch
26. Mojito Wings With Wasabi Mint Cream Sauce
27. Yuzu Pao Hot Wings
28. Peanut Chili Wings
29. Jerk Chicken Wings
30. Japanese Fried Wings
31. Ginger Wings
SHARE with your friends below: