124th Anniversary of the Great Johnstown Flood of 1889

What: Open House at the South Fork Fishing & Hunting Clubhouse

When: Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm

Where: South Fork Fishing & Hunting Clubhouse

Notes: Open House is Free; Admission fees apply at the park Visitor Center.

Join us on Saturday, May 25, for an Open House at the South Fork Fishing & Hunting Club
house from 10:00 am-4:00 pm. This family friendly event, hosted in conjunction with the Friends
of the Johnstown Flood National Memorial, is planned as part of the commemoration for the
124th Anniversary of the Great Johnstown Flood of 1889. The day will include the following:

10:00-4:00-Visitors are invited to stroll through the Clubhouse and get a glimpse of vacation life
for the 19th century well-to-do.

Kid’s Activities from 11-3 (Clubhouse Porch) – with Park Rangers and Volunteers.Mindy,
Margaret and Amanda Koozer

An Interview with Colonel Unger Play (Black Box Theater) 12 PM & 3 PM

A Visit from W. Horace Rose Presentation (Black Box Theater) – 2PM – Costumed presentation

Puppet Show 11:00, 1:00 (Main Room)

Johnstown Flood National Memorial can be reached by taking the Saint Michael/Sidman exit from US
219. Park signs will direct you to the ruins of the dam, the Club House, and the visitor center. The visitor
center is open daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. There is a $4 per person entrance fee. Federal recreation
passports are honored. Children 15 years old and under are free.

Johnstown Flood National Memorial was created by Congress in August of 1964 to preserve the ruins of
the South Fork Dam and to commemorate the 2,209 lives lost in the Great Flood. For more information
call 814-495-4643 or visit www.nps.gov/jofl.

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 10:00am to 4:00pm