Memorial Day marks the unofficial start to summer. Though temperatures in Pennsylvania have been in the 90s for at least a week already. This favorite family recipe is guaranteed to keep you cool. Fudgy brownies + vanilla ice cream + salty peanuts + chocolate sauce = your new favorite summer dessert!
Ingredients for Brownies
- 21 oz package family-size fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
Ingredients for Filling
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted roasted peanuts
Ingredients for Topping
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie ingredients and beat about 50 strokes by hand. Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly over cooled brownies. Top with peanuts, and place in the freezer until firm.
- To make the topping, combine confectioners sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and unsalted butter in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and add vanilla. Let the mixture cool for 1 hour.
- Pour the chocolate topping over peanuts, and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer about 5 minutes before serving. Cut, serve, and enjoy!