Here Are 5 tips For Saving Money On Food When Traveling:
- Plan your meals. Before you travel, search the Internet for places to eat at reasonable prices. If you do this ahead of time, you will also be able to read reviews on the places you want to visit and avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Choose a hotel that includes free breakfast in its rate. This is an excellent option that will save you money. The breakfast options offered by hotels usually include something for every member of the family. If you don’t eat much in the morning, you can save some fruit for a snack later in the day.
- Eat at popular places, such as city markets or farmers’ markets. Local restaurants are also a great alternative, since they usually offer better prices than national restaurant chains, and bring you the opportunity to try something different.
- Rent a place with a kitchen. When you make your hotel reservation, make sure you ask if it has a kitchen. If it doesn’t, request a room with at least a microwave and refrigerator to heat up and store your food.
- Eat more for lunch than for dinner. Restaurant food prices are higher at dinnertime. If you eat a good lunch, you will probably be able to have something that’s lighter and more inexpensive in the evening.