- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 8-ounce carton light sour cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup reduced-fat jack cheese, shredded
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Cooking spray
1. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray. Cook and stir onion over medium heat until transparent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add spinach. Cook until thoroughly heated (about 1-2 minutes). Reduce heat; add cream cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and artichokes. Remove from heat.
3. Season with red and black pepper and salt, if desired. Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Top with jack cheese and heat in the microwave until cheese melts. Serve warm with reduced-fat crackers or chips of your choice.
Try these tips to cut 106 calories and 13 fat grams per serving:
Replace butter with nonstick cooking spray to cut 41 calories and 5 grams of fat.
Use fat-free cream cheese instead of full-fat to save 29 calories and 4 fat grams.
Use light sour cream to save 10 calories and 2 fat grams.
Replace regular jack cheese with reduced-fat jack cheese to cut 26 calories and 2 fat grams.